Total Body Core Blasting Quad Blasting Workout
Catchy enough title? This is a total body, core blasting, quad blasting workout. You’ll want some gear, but as always feel free to substitute what you’ve got with where it fits. 3 rounds, no time limit. Grinding exercises are 12 reps, ballistics are 10 reps or timed (depending on the exercise.)
- Medicine Ball
- Bulgarian Bag(s)
My original plan was to group this into groups of 3’s, but changed while in action.
If you don’t have a Bulgarian Bag yet, A) what’s wrong with you? and B) you can probably get away with doing this entire routine using kettlebells, dumbbells, and the medicine ball.
- Medicine Ball Slams for time (30 seconds)
- Bulgarian Bag Bent Over Row
- Bulgarian Bag Front Raise
- Bulgarian Bag Squat to Press (Thrusters)
- Bulgarian Bag Behind the Head Press
- Bear Crawls (for distance)
- Sandbag Cleans
- Sandbag Deadlifts
- Sandbag Clean to walk (racked carry, 30 seconds)
- Kettlebell Russian Hard Style Swings (10)
- Bulgarian Bag Spins (10 each direction)
- Bulgarian Bag Bicep Curls
- Bulgarian Bag Tricep Extensions
- Bulgarian Bag Squat Throws (for time, 30 seconds)
While it’s true every exercise utilizes the core in one way or another, this turns into a “use your core or you’ll not be having a good day” type of routine. The swings, cleans, and deadlifts all utilize a hard style plank at the top of the exercise. The clean to cruise (or walk) is a racked carry that forces the core and glutes to fire while trying to keep yourself balanced.
The hamstrings get a good amount of work from the swings, cleans, bent over row, and deadlifts as well, as do the lats.
The multiple squatting exercises give your quads a good burn, and the moving from station to station without much rest in-between creates an incredibly tiring circuit.
Being that we’re going for 12 reps on each exercise make sure you choose an appropriate weight for you.