Personal Training Gym in Portland Oregon 97218
Located on the border of the Beaumont and Cully neighbors (we call it Bully) we’re off 42nd avenue in Portland, OR. Online booking is now available! Start with your FREE consultation so that I can set up a personal training program designed specifically for you and your wants / needs.
I’m open for 1-on-1 personal training sessions Monday- Friday from 6am to 7pm. The last available session for the night is 6pm. Sessions also available 8am to noon Saturday with the last session starting at 11am. All sessions are one hour.
I also offer remote coaching, either live or as an accountability partner. Accountability partner offers programming via app, text check ins, private Facebook group, video submission exercise form checks, and video check in calls. With live calls I’ll watch and instruct you via Google Meet for 1 hour.
Group strength and conditioning classes are now offered 3x a week online via Google Meet. Please inquire for more information on Google Meet group classes at the bottom of the page.
My personal training philosophy
I come from multiple schools of thought on the matter of personal training, but lately have been leaning more towards the school of thought surrounding not overdoing training. The first few weeks will be trial and error as we attempt to identify the point of pushing your body to almost soreness, but once we have it dialed in I want you to be able to train as many times per week as you want without being sore. This is a similar methodology of the school of strength of StrongFirst, and has become a growing movement within the fitness industry.
The idea is this – I’ll put you through some movements to identify areas where your body needs some individualized attention, put together a corrective exercise program to strengthen those individual areas while also working on functional compound movements that target multiple muscle groups at the same time to get you stronger and more durable.
But I don’t want to push you to the point where you’re sore and start avoiding exercise (you will be sore in the beginning as we figure out this point, but after a few weeks it won’t happen.) Then you can exercise freely (both with and without me), increase your cardio, increase your strength, and improve any muscle imbalances that are causing you issues in life.
Depending on your comfort level on the matter, I have a lot of boxing / kickboxing gear at my disposal as well to play with. This is great for endurance training, weight loss, and core strength.
We’ll be using gear that lets you move freely, so no giant pulley machines. We need to stabilize the body. There’s no machine going up and down stairs or picking up groceries so there’s no machines in the gym (besides the treadmill.)
Available gear –
- Standard olympic rack for deadlifts, squats, and bench press
- Adjustable bench to incline and decline bench
- Dip station
- 2 different sized pull up bars for grip strength
- Free weights for bench (and potentially curls)
- Landmine station
- Heavy assist bands for assisting will pull ups
- Kettlebells – lots and lots of kettlebells
- TRX Suspension and Rip Trainer
- Weight vest, ankle weights, arm weights
- Bungie straps for arms and ankles
- Ab wheel, sliding discs, balance board
- Heavy banana bag for punching and kicking
- Focus mitts, thai pads (for kicking)
- Spar bar (for ducking under / ab workouts)
- Other misc boxing things (like tennis balls strapped to your head)
- Variety of fitness bands and straps to target muscle imbalances to make you more durable / stronger / move more efficiently
- Agility ladder and cones
- A variety of foam rollers and therapy balls (some even vibrate)
And a water cooler with both hot and cold water so we can catch up on the latest office gossip before and / or after the workout!
Am I the trainer for you?
Let’s find out, fill out the form below and we’ll connect up.